Sedlescombe Parish Church has been a place of continuous worship since the early 13th Century.
It is believed that the present church stands on the site of an earlier Saxon Church.
The North Aisle was added in the 16th Century as was the Bell Tower and a Jacobean Mezzanine to the rear of the Nave. The Church was “Re- Edified in 1667 at which time the three large Spanish Chestnut Trees were planted in front of the building.
The church underwent several modifications in the Victorian era, including an enlargement to the Chancel, the building of the South Aisle and an enlarged South Entrance.
Our Safeguarding Policy is reviewed each year and details can be found on our main notice boards.
Our Safeguarding Officers are:
Sedlescombe: Mrs Sandra Davies – Tel No 01424 720728
Whatlington: Mr Jeffrey Bridges – Tel No 01424 772535
The Diocese of Chichester Safeguarding Team at Church House, Hove may be contacted on 01273 425792 or 07500 771210 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
East Sussex Children’s Services can be contacted during office hours on 01323 464222 and out of hours on 01273 335905 or 01273 335906